Grace Ministry International is dedicated to recovering the beliefs of the first-century disciples of Jesus, the Messiah. Our overall goal is the same as that presented in 1 Timothy 2:4, 5: “[God] desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.”
Grace Ministry was founded in Chicago, on September 2, 1990. Our understanding of the Bible is not new and has been held by small groups of believers throughout the centuries beginning with the apostles. Just as the great Reformer Martin Luther sought to recover the truth of justification by grace alone, Grace Ministry seeks to recover Biblical truth that has been lost due to tradition or worldly philosophies.
To so love God that we are willing to follow His will as our first priority, to seek to understand His Word accurately, and to live it fully and faithfully.
To so love one another in word and deed that all will know that we are Christ's disciples.
To so love the world that we are willing to do whatever it takes to bring people to salvation and Christian maturity.
Statement of Beliefs
- The Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired and authoritative Word and will of God
(2 Timothy 3:16, 17)
- There is only one true God and this is the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Deuteronomy 6:4; John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:6)
- Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God, fully human though divinely conceived. God has made him both Lord and Christ and he is the only Mediator between God and man.
(Luke 1:31-35; Acts 2:36; 1 Timothy 2:4, 5)
- The holy Spirit is the operational empowering presence of God given to believers through Jesus Christ. The gift of the Spirit regenerates the believer giving new life spiritually. It also incorporates one into the church, the body of Christ, and provides new abilities and guarantees the hope of everlasting life in the kingdom of God.
(Acts 1:8; 2:38, 39; 1 Corinthians 12:7-13; Galatians 5:22, 23; Ephesians 1:13, 14; Titus 3:4-7)
- Salvation is a gift of God granted to those who place their faith in Jesus as Lord and Christ, believing that Jesus' death on the cross atoned for their sins and that God has raised him from the dead.
(Romans 1:16, 17; 10:9, 10; Ephesians (2:8-10)
- Those who are saved by faith in Jesus Christ are justified, made righteous, sanctified, given the ministry of reconciliation, made a new creation in Christ, and have the hope of everlasting life and glory when Christ returns.
(Romans 3:21-26; 1 Corinthians 1:30, 31; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; Philippians 3:20, 21; Colossians 3:1-4)
- We believe in the future visible and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ to raise to life the faithful dead, establish the kingdom of God over the earth, and bring about the restoration of this world as promised in the Scriptures.
(1 Corinthians 15:20-28, 50-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:1-6; Acts 1:6; 3:19-21; 2 Peter 3:13)
Who I am in Christ
I am God's child: John 1:12; 1 John 3:1, 2; Romans 8:14-16
I am Christ's friend: John 15:15
I have been justified and made righteous before God: Romans 3:21-26; 5:1; 2 Corinthians 5:21
I am united with the Lord and one with him in the Spirit: 1 Corinthians 6:17; Colossians 1:27
I am a member of Christ's body: 1 Corinthians 12:27
I have been adopted and made an heir of God: Ephesians 1:5; Romans 8:15-17
I have direct access to God through Christ by the Spirit: Ephesians 2:18
I have been delivered from Satan's power, brought into the kingdom of God, and forgiven of all my sins: Colossians 1:12-14
I am complete in Christ: Colossians 2:10
I am free forever of condemnation and shall never come under God's wrath: Romans 8:1, 2; John 3:16-18
I know that all things work together for good for those who love God: Romans 8:28
I cannot ever be separated from the love of God: Romans 8:35
I have been anointed and sealed by God's spirit which guarantees my salvation and inheritance: 2 Corinthians 1:21; Ephesians 1:13, 14
My life is hidden with Christ in God: Colossians 3:3
God will bring to full completion the good work He began in me: Philippians 1:6
I am a citizen of God's kingdom and member of His household: Ephesians 2:19
I have full access to all of God's grace and mercy in time of need: Romans 5:1, 2; Hebrews 4:16
He who is in me is greater than the evil one who is in the world: 1 John 4:14; 5:18
I am the salt and the light of the earth: Matthew 5:13, 14
I am a branch of the true vine. Christ's life flows through me: John 15:1, 5; Galatians 2:20
I can produce godly fruit: John 15:16; Galatians 5:22, 23
I can manifest the Spirit for the good of the church: 1 Corinthians 12:7
I am a witness and ambassador for Jesus Christ: Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 5:17-20
With other believers I am growing into a holy temple in the Lord; a dwelling place of God in the Spirit: Ephesians 2:21, 22
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm: Ephesians 2:6
I am God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works: Ephesians 2:10
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me: Philippians 4:13
- I am accepted in Christ
- I am secure in Christ
- I am significant in Christ